Table of Contents
Setting up a VPN on Your District Computer
When your computer isn't connected to VISD's network it means that we can no longer manager your computer, change or install programs, or push updates. These step below will connect your computer to our network so we can support you and your district computer remotely.
Setup VPN Connection from Home
These steps describe how to setup your VPN on your district computer without having to come to the district.
1. On the bottom left corner click the Windows Start button, then select Settings.
2. Select Network & Internet
3. Then select VPN > Add a VPN connection.
4. In Add a VPN connection, do the following:
5. For VPN provider, choose Windows (built-in).
6. In the Connection name box, enter
7. In the Server name or address box, enter
8. For VPN type, choose
9. For Type sign-in info, choose “User name and password”.
10. For “User name” and “Password” type in your district credentials. Full email address including domain: e.g
11. Select Save.
Connecting to the VPN
Once you have setup your VPN you will need to connect to it.
1. Connect to your home internet or district hot spot first.
2. On the far right of the taskbar, select the Network icon (either or ).
3. Select the VISD VPN connection you just setup, then do either of the following depending on what happens when you select the VISD VPN connection:
- If the Connect button displays under the VPN connection, select Connect.
- If the VPN section in Settings opens, select the VPN connection there, then select Connect.
- If you're prompted, enter your district credentials. Full email address including domain: e.g
- Note if you mistyped your password you will be prompted to change it when you try and connect.
4. When connected, the VPN connection name will display Connected underneath it. To see if you’re connected to the VPN while you’re doing things on your PC, select the Network icon (either or ). on the far right of the taskbar, then see if the VPN connection says Connected.
That's all you will need to do to get your computer connected to VISD's network. After about an hour of being connected your computer will update its VPN connection and will remove the need to connect manually.
If you have questions or concerns please open a helpdesk ticket by emailing email@example.com.